Thread: Shaking
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 01:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Good call on the dyskinesia...I was assuming you would be familiar with it. Sorry about that. It could very well be. Is there any rocking, hand movement like pill rolling, nausea, vomiting, and dizziness at the same times or immediately preceding the slamming? or any other associated behavior?? I too slammed myself against the couch, hard enough to move it, mostly because I was usually taking refuge there. I hate dyskinesia worse than PD.

Ron do you use ER or CR versions of L-Dopa? (also applicable?? to the orig post-- I shook miserably for 2.5 hours between 3 hour doses. When I stopped the sinemet cr I got much better control. Now I have 2.5-3 hours of no shaking. I discovered this by accident while stepping down doses of sinemet. Part of my issues were totally unpredictable dyskinesia and Dystonia. There was no part of the day that I could reliably make appointments or have "good" time that I could rely on.

I've taken sinemet for 6 years with ER or CR the last 2 years. I discovered this in doing research into (extended release/continual release) tablets. My neuro suggested not using Inderal ER. He gave me regular release and the jump in efficacy was astonishing. So I tried with sinemet and got better results immediately

In reading about l-dopa, sinemet etc it seems that in the package insert (in the tiny print deeply buried, in the bottle and some more science-y sites) that less medicine was available and a total of less metabolized/eliminated during any one time measuring blood/urine concentration. Just by switching off the CR sinemet my doses actually lasted LONGER and symptoms better controlled for longer duration in total.

The dyskinesia totally stopped for the first time in years when I did that. I also had to down dose. Weird, but it seems the regulatory mechanism of some of these extended release drugs makes them less effective for many reasons.
d0gma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
toyL (07-08-2012)