Thread: lonely
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 06:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for you words of support - I consoled my self by trying to draw a bath - unfortunately I was out of hot water so I spent an hour ferrying hot water from the stove to the tub. The monotony and challenge helped get my mind off it.

I moved home for the month of march after the accident in Feb, but then I moved back in with my friends, being around people was helpful - unfortunately i started smoking again so I decided to leave that environment (bachelor pad) and move in on my own.

Maybe its the nicotine withdrawal or maybe the lack of people to keep me distracted but everything seems to be hitting my all at once. Even my symptoms feel worse.
I had a girlfriend who would have given me support but I broke up with her because of distance and I didn't want her to see me like this - I used to be a very confident athletic person - I regret it now and its far to late to fix things with her - she has moved on with her life and I don't blame her.

I live in the third world so there are no support groups or anything like that.
People say it gets better and I did see some improvement in the first 2 months but it feels like my recovery has stagnated. I am scared that it will never get better and I will never get to have a normal life.

The accident was four months ago, so I know I'm early into it I guess but I just don't see an improving trend.

My family are not much help - they believe I'm just depressed and that I need to get back to work.

"Anytime I'm down in life I work hard and achieve something and I feel better" says my father

I wish he could understand that I can't do that - that the act of doing that (whether or not I achieve the task at hand) just makes my symptoms worse.

This has turned into quite the rant........thanks for your time and your support, I really need it.
Thank you Scott - Shelly - post concussion and lightrail
Lightrail - I can only hope things turn out as well for me as they did for you - I think about your story every day.
windseeker242 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (11-01-2012)