View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 06:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Last Christmas, I suddenly noticed that I was having heart palpitations, frequently in the evening, but other times too. Went to PCP who referred me to the cardiologist. I took a stress test which seemed to go ok, but that is only 6 minutes or so. So they put a traveling EKG machine on me to monitor my heart for 24 hours. The end result is that I was having a mild form of heart palpitations. We adjusted my blood pressure meds (Accupril) and lowered my gabapentin and had me eat a banana a day. Seemed my potassium levels were low, caused by taking too much accupril. I'm much better heart wise now, but I'm still suffering some incon issues that is AN or PN or diabetes related. Drs. don't seem to want to look further if it isn't a major problem. I guess they think wetting your pants is not life threatening, which it isn't, but my heart goes nuts every time it happens. I hope you get some resolution to your problems. I think Drs. sometimes pigeon hole patients and don't listen to what we want.
dangoch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote