View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 07:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Newly Diagnosed? I think?

I went to my rheumatologist on Friday for the results of my bloodwork and they were all negative. Which wasn't much of a surprise because my primary doc had already run the same labs a couple of months ago. But the rheumatologist didn't tell me nothing was wrong with me. Based on the swelling in my hands and feet (and the joint pain everywhere but my hair) he says I have Chronic Inflammatory Polyarthritis most likely caused by an as yet undetermined NOS Autoimmune Disorder. Is this an actual diagnosis or just a very long way of saying he has no idea what's wrong with me? He's started me on Plaquenil and Sulindac. I know the P takes a few months to kick in but the S isn't really helping at all.

I don't know what any of this means. Undetermined non-specific autoimmune disorder? Have others gotten this vague "diagnosis"? I was also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia syndrome 7 years ago. All I really want right now is something that actually shows up on a darn test so I can stop wondering if I'm just crazy and it's all in my head.
phenyxxfire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote