View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Amtrak vs flying

I actually got a little further in the Amtrak site. We could go from Chicago to Boston for a decent price. It's about a 6 hour drive to Chicago and we would have to have a long term very secure parking. Then we would have to rent a car in Boston, try to drive out of Boston and go up to where we want to go in Maine. It's about a 24 hour train trip in a little room. 2 people cramped in a little room. My Cpap, and sound machine would have to hooked up and reach to where I am sleeping. We would have good meals, I hope.

Or we could drive to Cincinatti where my brother lives. He could drive us tot he airport in his or our car and we would have about a 6 hour trip according to where a layover is. Our car is secure, we have no meal except what we have in the airport. We could fly to Portland so we are a little further in our trip. The price really isn't that much different when you consider baggage fees but the trip is so much shorter. Portland is smaller than Boston. I suppose a car rental place is in the Portland airport.

Oh, what to do

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (07-03-2012)