View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 10:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Not sure where to post a question like this, so if this isn't it, please (moderators) feel free to move it. It's a question/subject that may (unfortunately) effect many folks here at some point....

Does anyone know how, or if, the newly upheld healthcare legislation (particularly the part that prohibits denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions) may/will effect Longterm Care coverage? It may currently be a loophole(?) -- I don't know -- but I'm sure I'm not the only person here to have been denied, or told to not even bother applying, due to current conditions/factors.

Thanks,

Doc
as I understand the writ part ..is denial for pre-existing conditions, terminated coverage for long term care , and being denied for coverage for long term care. also the ceiling has been lifted meaning if you presently have insurance with a term of say 1 million dllrs limit for term of coverage.. this is no longer allowed . and they have until 2014 to make sure all these changes were made . also they are supposed to make insurance more affordable. question is .. affordable to whose pocket????
painman2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote