View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverdenali View Post
My biggest concern is how this could possibly cause a spread of symptoms to the area and create a new source of pain, or even make my condition worse.
Have you actually heard/read anything credible that suggests that it even could, or is this an irrational fear?

Quote:
My doctor in Anchorage deals with 100’s of patients, but what I’m really trying to find out is “how many patients present the same diagnosis as me, has he treated with the same procedure and what was their outcome”?
Why not come right out and ASK him? There's nothing wrong with that; surgical patients quiz their surgeons on that kind of thing routinely (or should), and for that matter, ask him why he feels this may do what he says. He may have knowledge unavailable to us. IMO, you need this information to make an informed decision, and you need all your questions answered and concerns addressed by ALL doctors about ALL procedures/treatments. We all do.

Quote:
I myself really don’t like the idea of doing invasive procedures unless I can have some idea of the outcome…does this seem too much to ask from a doctor?
You'll never get an argument from me on that.

Quote:
Everything I’ve read about CRPS is that it needs to be a muli-team approach, so I’ve decided to call my general MD hear in Alaska and consult with her, in hopes that maybe she can give me a little more insight on how to obtain this information or possibly even consult with my doctor in Anchorage to get this.
Excellent. Please update us. I think whatever you learn will be of benefit to others, whether posters or just lurkers.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
discoverdenali (07-03-2012), Rrae (07-04-2012)