Thread: Pain meds
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:52 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Hi Dallas, Welcome.

There's a thread about other folks' issues/problems with pharmacists/pharmacies here:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread9328.html
Some of it boils down to pressures exerted by management in large chains (See Post #73 toward the end of the thread).

Chronic pain patients can have additional problems in the stigmatization we endure from a misinformed public. It looks like some of that may have been involved too.

People do have bad experiences with pharmacists, with doctors, with just about everyone. We're all human, and it happens. We like to think medical and certain other professionals are supposed to be above that sort of thing, but in the end, they're humans with all the same foibles too. Sounds like this pharmacist was either having a bad day, or he's just a bully/jerk. I'm not trying to excuse his behavior.

You could (and maybe should -- I don't really know) report the incident to his superior/employer/home office, but who knows what the outcome, if any, will be? Or you could find a different pharmacist/pharmacy and move on. This guy ruined your day; please don't let him ruin your life. He's not worth it.

You're on methadone now (correct?), so all that previous stuff shouldn't matter anymore -- it's in the past. What's important is that your pain is sufficiently controlled to reduce your suffering and improve your quality of life.

I would like to mention that while methadone is an excellent medication for chronic pain, like any other medications, it is not without some risk. You can (and should) read about any/all medications you take in the information sheets that come with them, and online, and discuss any concerns with your doctor.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (07-16-2012)