View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6yrslater View Post
Hi! I had a full spinal fusion back in 06...i was in pain for about 4 yrs after surgery and I finally found out what was going on after yrs of doctors appoinents. I ended up having an infection and had to have another surgery to remove the hardware. I feel a lot better now, but was wondering if any of you had to same problem? My doctor who preformed the surgery said that paitents have been coming back more and more with infection 3-5 yrs afyer the rods have been put in. I also want to know if anyone has heard of any recalls on the titanium rods and screw bc of infection rate? Thank you for your time on reading about my surgery problems.
6yrslater,

I want to thank you for your post too. I haven't been able to stop thinking about this whole issue (for very long) since I first read it, which tells me there may be something more to it.

I can't guess how many cases I've read about here and elsewhere of spinal surgery patients experiencing unaccountable pain after their surgeries. Now I can't help but wonder if this surgical titanium is all its cracked up to be, and may be responsible for a good number of them.

Further study is in order, but they can't just start opening people up to take a look at all the hardware. There's another option, but it's kinda ghoulish (if medically appropriate).

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (07-07-2012)