View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtchva View Post
Not a silly question at all. He's in IT, so I don't think there's enough chemical exposure to cause this.
My wife worked in IT most of her life. I just read her the above quote, and her response was, "HA!" She was constantly assaulted by carpet & adhesive (carpet & wall covering) fumes, air-conditioning contaminants, fumes from chemicals put on the office landscape plants, pvc fumes from vinyl in office equipment, formaldehyde from particle board in office furniture, asbestos insulation in older buildings, cyanide from isocyanates in urethane foam in office furniture, paints, & furniture finishes, copy toners.... and the list goes on. She also has tinnitis she suspects may be due to decades of white noise generators.

Offices aren't any safer than other environments when you think about it/dig in a little...

Google: chemicals found in office air

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote