View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 02:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
People with antibodies to nerves typically show more global symptoms. Hands, skin over the body, etc. The antibodies are not specific only to the feet and legs. In the beginning, they may be "first" but typically a more global presentation begins.

Since your symptoms seem centered on the feet, I wonder if you have been to a good podiatrist and have had a complete workup for mechanical issues there? Compression (Tinel's sign), spurs, plantar fasciitis, arthritis in joints, sesamoid bone problems, neuromas, etc.
To clarify, my symptoms began with muscle weakness in my leg muscles(and twitching), as the weakness became worse, my feet, ankles, knees and hips began hurting more and more with time, becoming chronic. Other global signs are thinning of the skin, flaky skin, limited sensory type stuff(virbations, sharp jabs, hot spots), along with motor stuff (muscle weakness and global but specific twitching(fasciculations) of muscles), jerking of various muscles(probably called myclonic jerks). Along with heat sensitivity, fluctuating swallowing, breathless issues, and balance/unsteadiness issues.

Last edited by mrsD; 07-03-2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: fixing quote tags for clarity
anabanana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote