View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 05:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Oh great, now I have nerve damage?

So, for a few weeks now I've been having terrible pain in my neck, ever since I stopped taking the Topamax. Even went to the ER for it. They injected morphine and valium into me and nothing happened. They sent me home with vicadin and a muscle relaxer and that did nothing for the pain.

Now, I have found I cannot move half of my upper lip, and moving the same half of my lower lip is difficult and does not respond as well as it should; I slurp when I drink and if I'm not careful I get the drink on my shirt. I am fairly certain this means the pain in my neck is a nerve that was damaged by the concussive accident.

Has this kind of thing happened to anyone? How much more control will I lose if this goes untreated? Why is it now, 6 months after the accident, that I am seeing signs of nerve damage? Or is it possible this is something else?

On top of it all, I'm in limbo where doctors are concerned, b/c the work comp system has dumped me and no other doctor will get involved b/c it is work comp; waiting to see if a judge forces them to treat me further or not. Some day, when I have my life back, I'm going to make it my personal quest to change the work comp system somehow; it's absolutely unfair as it stands now.
Scott in Fenton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote