View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 12:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCadet View Post
I feel awkard and embarrassed to talk with people now...I'm avoiding social situations by ignoring phone calls, not going out with friends that much and just not wanting to speak to anybody. Every once in awhile, maybe once per day or a few times a week, my personality comes bursting out of me and I get on a roll. Everything I'm trying to say comes out fluently and with ease...but it never lasts long. Its like an adrenaline rush or something. When it happens, I feel like I'm healed, like I'm able to articulate myself like I used to...and then it goes away and I'm like CRAP!!! Nick
Wow Nick, this sounds a lot like my son. Except all he's probably aware of is that he is horribly frustrated and thinks I make fun of him (OMG!!!!!). He's done well with his Speech Therapy, but he HATES it, I think he doesn't like working at it. He's gotten worse lately, has not had therapy for about 3 weeks now due to all the demoliton / reconstruction of my ktichen, it's been chaos. Just hiding out in his little cave, and shutting me out.

I wanted to get him back in but now his therapist is on vacation.... errff what awful timing... But yeah, when he gets on a little roll it's like sunshine and worth waiting for, his old personality shines through in those brief moments. The rest is pure misery and I'm getting desperate, as usual...

Anyway, It sounds like when you have sex then you get that blood rush and endorphins to your brain and that relaxes you so you can talk. That's my best guess. I think mainly you need to find ways to RELAX, get oxygen to your brain. If you like to swim, I bet that would be great, both relaxing and exercise. There have been recent posts on that subject and I would love to try that with my son. Worth a try?! Best wishes!!

(P.S. It's me, wendro*, I got my nickname changed)
MommaBear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (07-04-2012)