View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 07:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtome12 View Post
I was diagnosed with rsd about january of this year. It has only been getting worse and despite the many medications they have tried we have not had any luck. I also had a nerve block done with no relief, I lost my job, home, and spouse all because of this. Feeling really depressed. Would like someone to talk to and give some advice on the next steps. There is so much more to this story, but I feel like it just goes on and on!
Welcome but sorry for the reason you find yourself here. Also sorry for your losses.

I was diagnosed in Nov. of the past year and also am on medications and had a failed nerve block- actually I had 2. The first was questionable, the second a failure. Those are all the early treatments- there is so much more available to help you.

You need a support system. You will find that here. We've all had some type of story unique to our group. Is your own family supportive? You mentioned you lost your home and job and that's a terrible thing. Do you have health insurance? Is your injury a result of a workplace injury? Where is the location of your injury? These are important questions that would help us direct you.

It's very important to keep mobile. I am in the YMCA pool 6 out of 7 days a week. It's really helpful.

Search this site. You'll find many helpful people with years of experience in this disease.
reluctant@thetable is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote