Thread: Jaw Pain
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 10:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Salina,

All root canaled teeth are chronically infected. This infection will spread from the tooth to other areas of the mouth. The infection is also being carried by the blood vessels in the mouth to other areas of the body. So infected teeth can cause not only mouth pain, but other illness as well.

Unfortunately, traditional dentists rarely inform their patients about the extensive risks associated with root canaled teeth. They also are so use to seeing infected root canaled teeth that they just assume the pathology on the xrays is "typical" or "common" instead of harmful. It sounds like you've had chronic infections going on in your mouth for quite some time and it would not be unusual for the infection to now be residing in your jaw bone.

It can be very difficult to eradicate the infection in the bone because it hides in all the nooks and crannies of the bone. The infection also proliferates further than the bone, so eliminating it for good, cannot be done sometimes.

Have you sought care other than in the traditional manner? There is an organization of doctors, dentists, and other practitioners that think more openly than the mainstream and understand this type of situation more clearly. Their website is IAOMT.org. I would look into seeing someone who belongs to that organization to see what they have to say about this.

I'm sorry you are suffering so badly.... I see this every day.... I just wish people were better informed by their dentists prior to having any dental work done.

Please keep in touch here..
Bryanna
Hi Bryanna, Thanks SO much for your reply to my email. I went to IAOMT as you suggested and from there to a link for a maxillofacial center which provided alot of info on NICO (neuralgia inducing cavitational osteonecrosis) and for the first time found info for what I think I have. I'm now trying to find out about treatment and who may be able to help me. I'll keep you posted, but at least now I know I'm not crazy or alone!! THANKS!
SalinaYatis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote