View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Red face

Well Gosh. Sounds like a lot of blow-outs all around.

Bizi, poor dear, what a time to get sick. Sorry you had to miss out on the festivities completely. I do hope you feel better in the morning and that your cold or sinus infection takes its leave of you quickly!

Donna, I hope you find ways to mitigate the heat - I understand (not as hot here but hot, and i don't have AC). I agree with having county or state-organized displays, in a safe area, rather than having individuals do fireworks. sure it can be fun to do your own but it is also quite dangerous - to the neighbors and also to yourselves. i know a guy who lost two fingers coz one went off prematurlely while he was still holding it. lucky he didn't lose an eye, you know? also the big displays are usually choreographed and pretty dang awesome.

The heat and the storms really made it hard I think this year. I can't imagine those still without power too much in the party hearty mood, and what about those injured and with houses destroyed too.

---------------
Well, fwiw, my dealy is that I got hit by a wicked migraine yesterday. Went to the doc medicated, weak but viable. Then broke into a cold sweat trying to talk things out to him. Lost vision. Nearly fainted. Dr. paper-pusher had to help me over to the exam bed to lie down. He elevated my legs till I felt better, even took my bp before letting me up ... a whopping 95/70. He had me call someone to fetch me.

I am doing better this morning, still have mild pain and basically feel like i've been hit by a Mack truck.
---------------

Well, let's hope next year will be better and we'll all feel more sensational, inspirational, celebrational, muppetational... (wanted to end on a positive note. )

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-05-2012), Dmom3005 (07-05-2012), Mari (07-05-2012), mymorgy (07-06-2012)