View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 07:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default MG and SPS

Hi Jeff,

I too have been diagnosed with both autoimmune illnesses in 2009. You are the first person I have found that have them both.

My issues started with a very large thymoma and the initial symptoms were MG, but it didn't take long before the SPS symptoms started. No one at the hospital had ever seen someone have unexplained spasms and their body become stiff as a board. My neurologist only diagnosed MG. Even though he is suppose to be the "go to" neuro in the city for other neurologists to seek out if they can't diagnose a situation.

It took the head doctor in the physical therapy facility which I was placed in after the surgery to remove the thymoma to diagnose SPS. My blood work doesn't show anything except striated muscle which my husband researched and found is a symptom of SPS.

I not take Bachlofen to control the spasms and Valium to help keep me "calm" and not have a reaction to outside stimuli. You need to read up as much as you can on SPS. My husband has found a some information on the web but it really takes time and digging to find it.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to try to answer them but I'm still trying to come to terms with it myself.

Stay positive (which is very hard to do).

Southern Bell
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote