Thread: Lonely Spouse
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Odruss,
Let me start off by saying I am very sorry for your wife's injury and welcome you to NeuroTalk. You will find a lot of support here.

You seem like a very loving and supportive spouse and that is to be commemded. I am sorry for your lonliness, but hopefully people here will be able to give you some advise on easing it. Are there any TBI support groups in your area?

Your post caught my eye as I am the same age as your wife and although I am making huge improvements since my blunt head trauma, I am not the same woman my husband married in many ways. I can understand your wife not wanting to leave her comfort zone.... and I know it has to be terribly hard on you.

I wish I had some words of encouragement or great advice to offer, but the words just aren't there today. In any case, I wanted to let you know there are lots of people here who will understand and be here when you need to talk. I wish more spouses were as dedicated as you.

Take Care.

Symptoms: focus/concentration issues, short term memory issues, nausia, dizziness, sleep problems, noise/light sensitivities, extreme fatigue, irritability, vision problems, slow processing, tingling in extremeties and a few more I can't remember.
HeadStrong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (07-05-2012), odruss (07-05-2012)