View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 11:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I do. I don't let that hold me back from doing as much as I can...though I often have to go about things in very different ways than I used to in order to accomplish the same task. Everything requires so much effort and seems like such a grand process to do even the most simple tasts. There are, however, things that I just cannot do. It's frustrating sometimes (okay...ALL the time) because I can literally picture in my head the old (ie easy) process for doing things before and now I just can't do those things so easily. It hits me hardest now that I have returned to work and while I have so far been able to do everything that I used to do...it takes longer, is harder, and hurts like all get out. I find that I need help to do many things that I never would have asked for help fo before.

So yes...I would definitely classify myself as disabled. I have a disability...simple as that. It doesn't define who I am and I don't let that word get me down. Disabled doesn't mean dead. Everyone with this condition has different levels of disability based on what they can and cannot do...so we're all a little different. I personally believe in accepting the way that things are and working through it to figure out how to survive and make the quality of life as good as possible for myself. I have to use a walker...sucks...but there it is. I don't let that stop me from doing as much as possible. It's just a tool that helps me live my life better.

I'm sorry that things have been going rough for you lately. RSD is such a terrible monster. I hope you find some relief soon.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote