View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 03:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygeek View Post
Did you take the Topamax for your fibro pain? I take it for migraine prevention...I am up to 200mg a day and it is not helping head or fibro pain...so thinking about changing to another med just for the fibro pain...thoughts?
Lisa
I seem to have my FM pain and sleep problems under control witn zanax and vicodin (now oxycodone). Before I got on this combination my sleep deprivation was extreme. It was so bad one of my employees asked me to accompany her to her neurologist's appointment and explain what I had found on her (I am a chiropractor). When we got in the room the neuro (a good friend of mine) turned to me and said this appointment is for you. Your staff is having a hard time working with you due to your severe sleep disorder and unsociable behavior.

We tried vicodin and zanax and it worked. I went fron several years of one to four hours sleep a night to a restful all night sleep on the first day.

Since I first started this we have made minor increases in strength and now ten years later I am still sleeping through the night almost every night 95%+.

Before trying this my GP (also a godd friend of mine) had put me on every thing he could think of to stop restless legs (except any narcotic pain reliever. I don't know if I would still be alive if the neurologist had not been brave enough to step up and try this even though it is definitely not considered an appropriate treatment for restless legs.

I am now taking 1mg of zanax and 1 oxycodone-acetaminophen (7.5-3.25) about 30 minutes before I want to go to sleep. I would suggest trying this if you are also suffering from restless leg (mine was very severe).
-JR- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote