View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Awww.. she was a beautiful and sweet cat. Obviously loving you tremendously!

The photos are wonderful. I have some of our cats past and present on my album too.

When Sheba died at 24 of kidney failure, I cried for many days.
But we still had two others, Tippy, also old, and Oreo only 12.
Well, Tippy became depressed when Sheba passed, and 2.5 months later had a blood clot in her spine, and had to be put to sleep (severe suffering and no treatment works). They were friends for 20 yrs. Tippy was a gentle sweet cat too. That second loss for me pushed me over an edge to depression. So I found Weezie, a few days later out of grief, and she is turning into a wonderful companion. (She was the only cat left in a rare winter litter, because she was black and timid and no one would adopt her).

Oreo has developed a slow cancer of the bone marrow, called a mast cell carcinoma, and has outlived predictions so far. Now she is 14 and losing weight, and we know the end for her is near. I think we will get another cat after she passes. Oreo is mostly my husband's cat...so I'll let him decide for now. So far her medication is holding her in a new remission cycle. This will be the 3rd pulse of steroids, so I don't see her surviving much longer.

So I do believe that if you are a true blue cat person, you will eventually need another cat. You will always have Minki in your heart. I have several cats now that way from the past 45 yrs!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (07-05-2012), Markus (07-06-2012)