View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Probably most with RSD have an impaired enough level of function to loosely be labeled disabled. SS has very specific criteria, and so some will qualify for benefits and others won't. I take advantage of the opportunity to board early when I fly (I also wait until everyone exits the plane) since being jostled and touched is very difficult (and especially so when I'm already flared.) I've only had a few occasions where I've been asked to justify why I'm doing so.

This is one of those issues that it can be helpful to discuss with a therapist. I believe I delayed getting SSDI approval because I wasn't very realistic about my prognosis. It's hard to stay positive about working towards the goal of remission while simultaneously fighting for permanent disability. I tried to adapt, so that I could even work PT, but my reality is that I'm not able and haven't been in several years.

For painman regarding WC, I've never been particularly worried. There is nothing that I will attempt that is inconsistent with my claims. When in doubt, discuss activities with your doc. I'm sure I've been filmed over the years, but I've never had a problem. I don't know why anyone would bother with WC fraud, but then I made good money before being injured and had lots of opportunities ahead of me. Lots of people do exaggerate their injuries... Don't get overly paranoid. Don't ride a motorcycle or a jet ski (too dangerous with RSD anyway), don't go on jarring rides at an amusement parks or enter the mosh pit at a concert. And if your doc ok's certain activities and you're still worried, ask your attorney's opinion (I think you have one, right?)
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote