View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 03:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default DRX 9000 Sales Pitch

Hey Mel,

I also was doing some independent research on the DRX 9000 and found this forum. I heard an advertisement for the machine on a local talk show here in Charlotte, NC and told my wife about it. She has been suffering from painful DDD for years and is at the point where she will try anything.

Here is the problem I have with the whole thing. The chiros who are buying this machine are all obviously going to a training class to sell the procedure. The initial consult was absolutely the same as everyone else has stated: "Let me see if you are a candidate", "how has this affected your life", your husband/spouse must be present when we decide if you will be accepted"... I am a salesman by profession and this is high pressure sales at its best! The chiro my wife went to even held her hand and said "I know how much you are suffering". His waiting room was filled with Christian books... I would presume that these guys are dropping a hundred grand or more for this machine and must charge these exorbitant prices to quickly earn their money back. The thing that concerns me most is that even if the machine has some real benefit, why all the smoke and mirrors and high pressure pitch to get you to sign on the dotted line. I just can't help but feel that these people are preying on people's misery. My wife is at her final review for acceptance meeting right now as I type and very angry that I did not go, but as I told her I do not need to sit and watch your eyes fill with tears as you are told this could be your cure and then have to sit and critique the whole thing and feel like a jerk. That is why the spouse is asked to come. The inversion table sounds like the best next course of action. Any feedback from anyone with DDD that has tried this would be great. Take care all.
nolebuc1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote