View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I have noticed some changes/lightening with the magnesium lotion too. I apply it on my arms, where the skin is thinnest for best absorption and also on my inner wrists. But this effect only lasts a day or so.

REM is deposition of mucin in the deeper layers of the dermis.
Once there, I'd suspect it might be for life. Mucin is also deposited in patients with hypothyroidism, in other tissues, and is one reason for compressive nerve issues in wrist and ankle.

I think my severe skin rash may have revealed what was already beneath the skin. I'll know more as time passes, as I think the Biotin is helping my skin regenerate some.

It started on my left arm, because I pump the water with my right doing dishes and the left gets more wet. The 3rd year of June vacations I had the severe reaction I mentioned above. Now hubby does our dishes up North so I won't get it again. The time period for my reactions was late June to early July.
After that I am safe in the water. We've been going up there in late
July for the past 8 yrs or so now, so I miss that time period with the irritating water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
I was referring more to the features, like the blanching/fading when laying down and prominent when sitting/standing as well as blanching with pressure. And the temperature sensitivity...yet it's the opposite swing of temp that causes an increase reaction.

You mentioned both arms: Is it in the same area of each arm? How big of an area...and has the area increased over the years?

Mine is the typical lace looking appearance of livedo. It did fade slightly after starting Cardizem, but now it's just as bad as it used to be.

That is so strange that it's brought on by the water up north...yet no one else has a problem. I wonder how the Plaquenil would help it...the mechanics behind it?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote