View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 06:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

WC is workers comp. you really need to see a dr. and tell your ob/gyn that you are having burning in your abdomen along with the thighs.

picking is not good, esp. for rsd. I am not sure how you stand to pick an rsd site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisJ View Post
I haven't been on here in awhile, but I'm glad to see that the reason for my visit has already been addressed. My RSD started 5 1/2 years ago in my left hand/wrist. I had noticed some spreading into a couple fingers on my right hand. Last July I had surgery to remove my remaining ovary...done laproscopically. I had talked to my OB/GYN dr about my concerns before surgery, but the surgery was necessary. I had some bleeding complications a couple weeks later where one incision was bleeding into the abdomen...it turned a dark maroon/purple/black color.

I ended up having to go back to my dr every day to have the incision repacked to stop the bleeding. Since then, I've had the burning pain and sensitivity in the abdomen. I don't take any meds for the pain or have nerve blocks, and I have not told any dr about the pain in the abdomen.
Now, I have started noticing the same burning pain, sensitivity, excessive sweating, etc. in my left leg (especially outer thigh and front and outer calf) and in my right thigh. It has also moved up my left arm and slightly into my upper right arm. I'm sitting in shorts right now with the A/C blowing on me and my left leg is sweating.
Since I was last on, I have been diagnosed with Narcolepsy w/Cataplexy and sleep apnea. Micro-sleeps and automatic behavior are prevalent with my narcolepsy, along with memory issues and hallucinations.

In May, while my hubby was away in Jamaica on a mission trip, I started "skin picking" (an OCD type behavior). I don't know why and most of the time I don't realize I'm doing it...I apparently do it in my sleep too. I'm afraid I may have caused the RSD to spread into my legs and upper arms because those have been the main targets of the skin picking. I go back to my sleep dr in August and plan to talk to her about this new challenge.

On a side note... What is WC?

GOD help me be faithful in the midst of my suffering. Alt1268
alt1268 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote