View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Default Markus...

Markus, this was a no-win situation. Yes, you felt some guilt walking away at the vet's office, but had you not done the right thing then, and instead watched your pet deteriorate and suffer, you would have felt guilt about that too, and wished you had done something sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
So many people tell me that (getting a new kitten) and thanks for saying it too. Everyone means well but the way I feel now is to never ever get another cat as I simply do not want to experience what I am going through right now ever again.
I get that. I think those of us who have lost pets ALL get that. But what about experiencing the the feelings of joy and laughter and love and happiness during the years you had her? What about experiencing THAT again?

I agree wholeheartedly with MrsD and those who encourage you to allow another pet to receive your love and share your life.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
You cannot change the loss of Minki, or replace her, but I don't think that's the way to look at it.
You CAN change, without guilt, the fate of another pet, and fill the hole in your life left by Minki's loss.

There is no hurry, but there are many, many pets waiting for someone like you to love them and give them a home. One of them needs you as much as you need them. It would be therapeutic for both of you.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (07-06-2012), Markus (07-06-2012), mrsD (07-06-2012)