View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 03:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ginnie you wanted to know a bit more about Minki. My sister has 8 cats and I have also visited friends with cats, and most cats have the typical cat behaviors and attitudes. I am referring to when you would call and try to get another cat's attention. They typically will show interest but stay at a distance and when you eventually get to touch them they only allow you little contact until you have won their trust. Or the other side of them is to come and brush their heads and tails against you for attention.
Minki was neither.....she would live in her own world and look at people when they visit me and you could walk up to her and touch her, she would allow that, but then carry on in her world again. Nothing like most other cats. She would steal your heart without you knowing it. Everyone liked her.
When I picked her up in my arms she would always put her one paw on my thumb and lean with her head against my arm. When I bent forward while holding her she would remain in that position and the full weight of her head would be on my forearm. It was so cute to see as she was trusting me fully not to let her fall.
In the evenings she would be lying with me as I watch TV and I would always put my hand, arm or body against her while she sleeps.
At bedtime she would be sleeping where we were sitting in the living room and she will wait for me to carry her to the bed where she would sleep right next to my pillow, and off course my hand or arm would be around her. She would wake up to turn on her other side and then put her body again against my arm and sleep further. She never went out at night but would sleep with me till early morning. Then she would go out and come back in. One little maauw with her little voice and I was always getting up to give her food. Then we would both sleep a little longer again before I had to get up.
I had cat flaps put in everywhere so she could go out at any time. When she was outside in the garden and I would look through the window to see where she was, I could see the little white face from a distance in the dark and she was always noticing me when I did. As if she was constantly looking for any sign of me. I have more to tell you but for now I will end.
My first language is Afrikaans so excuse the English when I make small mistakes with grammar or spelling. It is night time here and you have day now (I think about 7 or 8 hours difference) Thank you for your interest in getting to know more about Minki.
Markus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (07-06-2012), mrsD (07-06-2012)