View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Oh Markus....

She was awsome. Loved the way she slept with you. That bond was with you both, I can feel that. When she put her head on you with complete trust, and slept by your head. I do believe with all my heart, that some bonds that we have with animals are closer sometimes that what people have with each other. She looked for you, and I bet you wanted to know where she was all the time too. Minky cannot be replaced, and you already know that. Nor will I have my scruffy, unless God grants us that. It is good that you have those photos. My friend made a mural of Scruffy to mark his life. One picture for each of his 21 years. Keep those photos near you and it does help. I don't ever want to feel pain like this again either Markus. Emotionally it is so hard to get over., in fact you only learn to live with it, never really get over it. I can tell you one good thing that happens when your tears stop a bit. You will start thinking more of all the good things there were with minky. I wrote some stories down about Scruffy that I remember from my years with him. Maybe it would be good if you did that too. Some of those special moments are worth writing down and never forgetting. Just like you expressed to me in this post, Keep that as a start, the positions she was in, in your arms, and by your head in sleep. Any antics she did, and keep her toys. She was just beautiful, and looks like a lady too. What you did for her, was the greatest gift you could give, even though it cost you pain. You released her from this life, so that she didn't hurt anymore. One of my friends here is an animal resuce person, who has more compassion than anyone I have ever met. It was into her arms that I placed Scruffy that last day. I know I did the right thing too Markus, and it does cost terrible pain to do that, but neither of our babies have to hurt anymore. It is a selfless act of mercy, and I am sure your minky knew you loved her. That is what I think when I go to cry, like right now. I still do after two years. It doesn't take alot to set me to tears. It is OK to cry anytime. I do, but not as often these days.
Tell me in your first language, I love you Minky... I would like to hear how that sounds in your own language. Any stories you have to share, I am here for you. Keep in touch Markus, grief is a universal language. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote