View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hello Phyllis/ OCD question

My doc. said the picking is from the additional stress. I have multipal medical conditions> Started PN on ankle and now it seems like it is more RSD. Can't get the ankle fixed structurely, because of the RSD. So I am stuck limping around. I started picking too, and I have no idea why. In my sleep too as you mentioned. I am not touching any place on the ankle which already hurts. I don't know how to stop the behavior. I don't drink, smoke or do anything negative with medications. Why can't I stop this? Taking Sertraline, which supposedly helps with OCD. I never did this before I had this RSD type thing happen. Loosing my home at the same time. If this is all stress related, and I acknowledge this, how does a person stop?. Even if it is just a tiny place, why do I have this compulsion all of a sudden? I don't have OCD behavior in any other facet of my life, and usually can control most behaviors. Psych is out of the question because of finances. Even my long time friend who is a psychologist who really knows me, wonders why I started this OCD. Does anyone have a solution or am I just loosing my mind? What do all of you who have this compulsion do????
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote