View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

bobbicat,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of your recent head bang injury.

The floaters may be just normal. A common problem with floaters is that when they are first noticed, the person gets a bit obsessed watching them. This obsessive characteristic is a common symptom of Post Concussion Syndrome. The flashing lights are also not uncommon, especially at night or in the dark. I have then any time I sneeze in the dark. I occasionally will see them at random times.

If they have you anxious, it may be worthwhile to get a doctor to check you out. The risky floaters have a color (pink, brown or red) to them. If you see those colors, get to an ER. They are rare compared to common floaters that look more like threads or hazy spots. These are just floating garbage. I went through this same concern early in my Post Concussion. These are the instruction the ophthalmologist gave me.

Peripheral vision oddities are often a similar cause. Your brain will usually ignore the peripheral image, knowing that it is an aberration. There are lots of peripheral images that are just specks, maybe a eye lash or eye lid skin flake that just catches your brain's attention. Again, the brain's lack of ability to ignore the image and then getting obsessed with these peripheral images make them worse.

I struggle with wild eye brow hairs that catch my attention. I need to keep them trimmed and my eyes clean of skin flakes. Once I see a wild hair, I am stuck until I either trim it or yank it.

bobbicat, Feel free to introduce yourself and tell us about your struggles. There are lots of good people here.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dolfinwolf (07-07-2012)