View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 12:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Crap, lost everything I typed. Will try again

First, Thank you so much everyone for all that info and experience!

I do have a history of depression which scares me about the DMD's. I have RRMS, in the early stages - or so they say. Even though, there are multiple lesions on the brain MRI (still have yet to find out how many. Afraid to know). But more lesions doesn't necessarily mean worse, correct?

2 weeks ago, I started with double vision(mostly but not always, in the mornings), dizzy drunk feeling all day/night and lost of taste on right side of mouth. Went to Dr., was sent for brain MRI right away....rest is history. I just had spinal last week and other blood tests and waiting to find out results of that.

So I am at exactly 14 days since start of this 'exacerbation'. The last 5 days, the double vision was better every morning until the last couple days, where I don't notice any double vision at all in the morning. However, I do get huge waves of fatigue that just hit me out of the blue, several times a day and still do get the dizzy/drunk feeling at certain times (usually when real tired). Most of the taste on right side of mouth has come back. But I still am not back to normal.

I guess overall, 2 weeks isn't bad for beginning to mostly end of an attack. (I am a Reiki III Practitioner so I have been doing lots of Reiki on my own head and around my brain) which I am hoping is making me heal quicker.

Got off track there. Sorry.

I feel so positive about the SWANK diet after reading things like this:

The results were dramatic. Regardless of level of disability at entry to the trial, good dieters did not deteriorate significantly. Good dieters at level 1 on entry had an average final grade of 1.9 34 years later.

I already live my life kind of 'swanky' LOL. Being that, the only difference for me with this diet is I would have to cut out butter and cheese and no cheating ever LOL. I already don't ever eat red meat or fried foods, etc. (yet I am still overweight, sigh)...so there wouldn't be too much for me to give up. Cheese is a hard one though (I come from the Cheese state of WI). But I could do it.

I don't need any additional pains, diseases, weight gain, depression, etc. from pumping myself with chemicals that may or may not help me in the long run.

Oh, such hard decisions. I am seeing the neuro in 5 days and curious but afraid what he will say about the SWANK diet, maybe changing my mind.

My insurance will cover most of the DMD's with a small copay, so that is good but I just don't wanna take that stuff waa..

Maybe I just wait and see while following the SWANK strictly - and if it isn't working good enough for me - then go on to the DMD's.

I have read such AMAZING tales of ppl on the SWANK, and of course they look amazing cause they have lost weight and they talk about no relapses in 10 plus years. etc...

Now, to figure out just how much of certain vitamins to take. ..I will leave that for another post

Thank you so much,
Gina
Willow1111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (07-08-2012), Debbie D (07-10-2012), dmplaura (07-14-2012), SallyC (07-08-2012)