View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hello Markus

I so understand your heartache in the mannor of Minkys death. I believe that the injection to the chest would have happened so quick, Minky would not have even recognized it. She was more upset about the blanket and was focused on that, not expecting what occured. Cats as all animals in extreme pain, act so very different than what is their usual disposition. I do know for sure that this vet, would have made it as quick as possible. They don't want them to suffer either. When I left my scruffy with Gail, (animal rescue lady) my last request to her was to "make it quick" She did the same thing. Scruffy didn't fight at all. He was to weak to really move much at all. He also knew her, and the facility. We had visited many times to her sanctuary.
My belief is that these babies are so upset with how they hurt, that this final thing is not realized. My scruffy had a back end reoccuring infection that could not be cleared up. He had the infection 3 times before and was in pain like Minky was.
I know that it is hard for you to except that Minky had to have his last minutes without you. You were crying uncontrolably just like I was, when I handed scruffy over. I believe your Minky knew that you loved her. We will see our friends again Markus. Energy never dies. Markus, with humans, our own deaths are often much more painful in some cases, than what we allow our animals. We arn't allowed to decide really what is for us the time of our own release. I wish that humans would be as kind to each other, as we are with our friends and animal companions. I wish we had the same kind of choices that we make for our friends. They are blessed to be able to have this kind of peaceful ending. Minky didn't suffer long Markus. She is still with you in spirit. That part never will go away. I also loved how your language sounded. How beautiful! Where is your home? I am in Florida on the west coast. Let me know how you are doing. I wish I could give you more comfort than what the PC allows us to do. Our cats are having a good time together, think of them having fun again, just like when they were kittens. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote