View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 06:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

I haven't been SICKENED by the news in a long-long time.

Usually, I just get heart-sick. There's always warning signs that were ignored when we look back.

In Cho Seung-Hui's case, I feel like throwing up. So many warnings signs. All you have to do is look into his eyes -- he's got the "dead eyes" of a person who will commit suicide.

My heart just aches for all the victims and the heroes that were killed by Cho Seung-Hui.

I know from personal experience that you can't force a person to participate in psychotherapy

We, as a society, have GOT TO find a way to help people that are SCREAMING for help. We HAVE TO.

Another thought:

Bob Diedle (sp??) was on the news today. He's the security person that used to appear on Don Imus's show. I didn't like his image on Imus's show. He did say something today that made a lot of sense: cellphones and blackberries and other technology like that did not work right after 9-11 -- the services weren't available. What was available was low-tech pagers. A lot of colleges and universities are giving ALL of their students and faculty text pagers when they join the campus -- this gives them a way to get messages to all their students and faculty in a very efficient way.

If I had a student going to a 'split' campus (a school or college of university that is located in more than one building), I would make sure that they have a system for contacting everyone during a crisis-- a system that still works during power failures and cellphone failures.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote