View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 02:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I think I was only really depressed once so far (I've had it for about 2 years) over the fact that it's making work very difficult for me... mainly because they don't understand. It's hard to say "my eyes are bothering me" and have off 5 days until my vision goes back to normal, than 2 weeks later get sick (non MG Related) and need more days off. When you don't look sick on the outside it's hard for others to understand. Also since I can't drive (and don't have a boyfriend or anything, hard to find one who is understanding about a major medical condition!) I have to rely on my mom to drive me to places and things and I'm 25 years old. But because my eyes are effected a lot, and I'm tired a lot (not always alert enough to drive) I don't drive. I also (for now) can't live on my own because I can't afford it (and then the problem of how do I get to places comes in again). Honestly, if I could afford it, I'd be in the city right now because I am very much a city girl and my transportation problems would be solved easy peasy.

I've talked to my mom about it, and we've brought it up to my doctor a few times. I'm still relatively "new" at this I guess since I've been effected for 2 years but only been diagnosed for a year now, that all the pieces are still falling together for how to do things. It helps that my parents are understanding (especially my mom, she worked in the medical field and has thyroid & diabetes, so she knows how it is to feel like total crap), and that aren't quick to kick me out or anything like that.

Otherwise, I just keep going through my daily life but add more resting in between. I still go out with friends when I can, and I still travel, I just make sure I maybe add an extra day of rest, and extra resting time within those traveling days so I don't wear myself out completely.

Overall though, I know I have it a lot easier than some MG and other illness patience, so I try to tell myself "this could be MUCH worse, you can deal with this". My best friend has Lupus, I saw her for the first time since she's been diagnosed (a year now) and man...she absolutely has it worse than me...
Maiden8680 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote