View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 04:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default seizures returning

Hello, I'm new- my seizures have come back. 21 years ago I was assaulted & hit in the head by a man with a bat, &it caused a subdermal hematoma. I had emergency surgery when I was 16. Seizures began as full blown grand mal(s), occasionally. After a year or two they changed to simple partial(s);with auras. Long story short; they kept reducing & w/medication(was always on it,just different kinds). Several years went by w/o, only changed to complex partial(s) & I had no warning or memory of anything;just horrible headaches after. Sometimes I could remember everything&was aware during them. Now, a year ago out of no where they have come back w/no warning before, only last a few seconds & I go right on doing whatever I was right before. It caused a car accident - - don't even remember any of it(hitting a stop sign). I "woke up" on the other side of a side street on my way to work-thinking, "why did I turn this way?"; and drove right to work. Well, the police came into my office,and humiliated me...called me a liar & tried to arrest me.
Well, I can't drive now; so I lost my job. Anyway... They are coming on while I'm playing with my toddler, so I can't even go outside alone to play w/him. I can't go anywhere, or take my older kids anywhere. This is driving me crazy! Everyone keeps telling me to apply for disability- LIKE ITS JUST an simple thing to do. I will if needed, I'm just so frustrated w/ my neurologist; I don't want to be pumped and put on meds that will work/not work, and end up making more seizures happen as going up and down. Does anyone have similar experiences?
infokym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote