View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Let me know how you do on the liposomal C as I am curious about it.

As far as thyroid goes, it seems that supplementation with thyroid hormone is very tricky. Many people seem to have problems with it. It may have to do with the binders, absorption problems, etc. There is also the factor of conversion in the tissues. Sometimes that fails. T3 has a very short half life, and using it orally can be problematic. There are some doctors who will order T3 compounded into a delayed release form for that reason. Thyroid products need to be taken on an empty stomach as food will impair its absorption.

People with gluten intolerance may not be absorbing zinc and selenium well from oral supplements or food. These are cofactors in the conversion process of T4 to T3 in the tissues.

I wonder if ribose might help with the energy issues. I know it works very well for me.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ghlight=ribose

I buy the powder at Puritan's now (for price considerations) and use about 3/4 of a scoop at night. It tends to help me with stamina (which now that I am OLD...seems to be a bigger problem than when I was younger )

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyisme09 View Post
Not doing injectables, but have ordered liposomal Vit C, just to see. I am the resident "guinea pig" before giving to dd who : hashi/hypo/ebv/pcos/gluten and all that. Yes, she is suffering from adrenal fatigue but her doc has done NOTHING for them.

She is on a compounded thyroid - which has done zip. The synthroid/cytomel combo was a bit better. Maybe a new doctor??

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote