View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Default Markus,

We have veterinarians in the family, and one of my best friends is one also. I have assisted in procedures many times, and I am familiar with the one that was done. It is very quick, and humane to the animal; they are not traumatized by it, nor do they suffer. Every effort is made to alleviate suffering and not prolong or worsen it.

The veterinarian could not read your mind or I think would have tried to do something differently. They may seem callous or hardened to it because they must do it every day, but let me assure you they are not. The vets I know have to work very hard not to show their emotions. They feel for every creature they have to help this way. They are trained not show emotions in order not to upset the animals or their owners any more than they know they already are.

Please let go of any guilt, and forgive -- yourself and the veterinarian, whose only wish was to help you both through this.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (07-09-2012)