Thread: Pain meds
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 11:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas10 View Post
hi, Im new here but have been reading alot of threads and find it so helpful! Iv'e had chronic pain for ten years. I have a metal rod in arm and shoulder, herniated disc's and nerv damage. Ive been on every kind of pain meds there are and due to the high cost me and my dr. decided to just have me on my breakthrough meds, oxicodone 30mg, 4-4times a day.

I know it sounds like alot but my body just got amuned to them. Since the new laws in NJ, im having a hard time filling my scripts. I found a place that filled it but wrote the wrong directions, he put 1 every 4 hrs. It cost me 400.00 for 240 and i usually pay 160.00 for the same amount. Me and my dr. decided i would go on methadone for pain.2, 10mg 2 times a day and the roxicodone for break through.

I went back to the pharmacy that wrote the wrong amount on the bottle and wanted to correct it in the system so i wouldnt have a hard time getting them when they are due. WELL, I told him what happened and he looked up my script and freaked out at the amount im suppose to take.
He called my dr., i don't care about that, but then he ran me through that computer thing, and that should just show he messed up, but he made me feel like a criminal. I was in tears and he then decided he didnt have the methadone to fill. Is anyone going through this same thing????
Hi Dallas!
I am 14 and have hydrocephalus. I have been having headaches and stomach aches for a while. I also had an alergic reaction to a medication. My doctor decided that since we couldn't find anything wrong that we would try pain medications to help me live with the pain. The emergency room doctor gave us a perscription for prednisone and an epi pen. The allergic reaction was on a Sunday and I needed to take the medication by tomorrow morning. As my dad drove me home from the hospital, we looked for a walgreens to fill out the prescriptions. Later they call and say they no longer accept our insurance company, long story short my mom got it filled out the next day in time for me to take it. Also with the topomax that I am taking doesn't do anything for pain. And as far as medications go, whenever I'm at the hospital we always have to tell them my medications because they never have them on file.

Good Luck!
Ochokid14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (07-16-2012)