View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 07:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I went to Dr. Atasoy back in May and he was a big help and resource.

He told me NOT to have surgery on my left side again. He also showed me how to minimize the sensations that I get sometimes, where I cannot stand to have anything touch my forearm. He actually numbed the surface nerves for the inside part of my left forearm and it did not drive me crazy to allow my arm to touch my shirt or anything else. He also showed me a way to use the self-stick medical tape to loosely wrap my forearm with it and it also lessens the sensations. I have since been cutting off knee socks at the ankle and wearing that. I have found a lot of compression sleeves, but I still have not found one that just covers the forearm. I have found on the internet a "tattoo protection sleeve that only covers the forearms, just need to go to a tattoo place and see how it feels.
I am disabled Vet due to my TOS and I got my latest disability rating from the VA and they said that my arthritis in my neck and both shoulders is not related to my TOS and they have scheduled a follow up Disability physical this December since they think that my TOS will get better by itself. I am requesting a Disability letter from Dr. Atasoy stating that they are related.
moltra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote