Thread: Pain meds
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Hi Ochokid14, Welcome.

One of my best friends when I was about your age had a shunt. The technology wasn't as good then, and I remember the headaches and other problems he had well into his 20s, and ventually we lost touch. I'm glad yours is better than his was.

Do you know what condition or reason your doctors prescribed Topamax for? If it's not doing what it was prescribed for, you might talk to your doctor about getting off of it. All medications have potential benefits, but they also all have potential risks, or side effects, and why be subjected to those if there's no benefit to be gained?

Hospitals always ask about medications, even when they do have them on file. They have no way of telling if there may be any errors/mistakes, or if there have been any changes that have been missed or haven't caught up with the system. It may seem like a nuisance, but it's a safety measure intended to reduce mistakes.

Doc
Dear Dr. Smith,
The reason I got Hydrocephalus is because I had a craniopharyngioma tumor, so I also have Endocrine issues, and the Topomax helps with my appetite.
Ochokid14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (07-09-2012), ginnie (07-16-2012)