View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 12:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
ln reading my last thread, I failed to say that I also have stiffness in my legs during the day. I feel pretty good in the morning when I get up if I've had a decent nights sleep and them start going downhill as the day goes by. Then after I lay down in the afternoon, I feel somewhat recharged. It doesn't help that most of the medicines that I take have a drowsy factor to them.

I take the Imuran because my body is still producting the foreign antibodies that my immune system is fighting even though I've had the thymoma removed. My neurologist can't explain why especially since I've had five rounds of IVIG and one plasmapharesis treatment.

Becky
Southern Bell
My worst time is actually in the morning. I get up and literally can't move. It makes it hard to get to work on time. My neuro originally said I was weak in the morning, but that never quite felt right and the mestinon didn't seem to help. Now that I've been taking the klonopin, I can feel the muscles loosening up...but then they tighten up a short time later. I'm starting to be able to tell the difference between the MG weakness and the SPS tightness. It seems like it should be obvious, but other than everyone telling me that weakness shouldn't cause pain, I was having trouble telling that what I was feeling wasn't weakness.

My doctor agreed that the klonopin isn't lasting long enough and agreed to try Valium and Baclofen. I'll let you know if I have any better luck with that.

Jeff
BackwardPawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote