View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 05:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Usually they only do a biopsy if some of the blood work is iffy, or not strong.

Did you have all the blood tests already?

Gluten intolerance is less likely to be positive for GI biopsy.
Celiac is more severe, and there is usually a positive biopsy with them, but not 100% of the time as I have read.
I had tests for Gliadin IgG/IgA and IgA/IgG Tranglutaminase and all negative. I dont know if my results maybe considered as iffy. The only questionable about my result is the laboratory used the "deamidated gliadin". The Gluten File says:

A newer test, anti-deamidated gliadin, has been developed over the last several years and some labs are beginning to automatically substitute it instead of the original antigliadin antibody tests. The newer test is more specific to "celiac disease / villous atrophy", which is not helpful when looking for gluten sensitivity manifesting in non-gut ways (like neurological disease or other autoimmune disease), or when there are gut symptoms that have not yet caused villous atrophy. BE SURE your doctor orders the original antigliadin tests. DOUBLE CHECK that the right tests are ordered, and DOUBLE CHECK that the right tests were run. You want anti-gliadin IgA and anti-gliadin IgG, over anti-deamidated gliadin.... or all of them!

The reason why I had to ask about it again is because I read that Celiac/Gluten Intolerance may cause Sjorgren's. With all the new symptoms I am experiencing: dry eyes, mouth, throat and nostrils and more specially the fibronodules in my lungs - I was hoping to rule this condition out of my way...

Thank you
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote