View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 05:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My prednisone course is almost over, and the headaches are coming back. So much for that! Although it took the horrible pain from my neck/back of skull, the paralysis has not gone away, but I read that it can take a few weeks to get your face motion back. The first couple of days, when I was taking the most prednisone, made me feel very good, almost normal again. It didn't last long though. Just an FYI for anyone who might want or need to know about this. I don't know how the steriods affected my headaches, but they did. Or so I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Starr" View Post
I've had 3 courses of prednisone since my brain injury. 2 courses were 6 days long and the current one is a month long. I'm taking it for a skin rash of unknown cause.

When I'm on the prednisone, I have more energy (bordering on manic with high doses) and generally feel slightly better... my headache doesn't improve that much, but in general my body aches and pains are much lower, including neck pain.

At the higher doses I have a hard time sleeping and resting, but dont' seem to require as much rest so its ok. I also get a bit of heartburn with it, so I take another OTC drug, I can't think of the name.

Depending on the length of course you're on, it will be a tapering dose... I've found that every time my dosage decreases, I'm more tired and miserable. After a day or two at that dose, its slightly better again.

I'm sorry that's not more helpful.
Starr
Scott in Fenton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote