View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 06:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lema56 View Post
Yes! I have rsd in my left hand all the way up my arm. And the stiffness and burning is bad just as you describe. What medications do you take? And what do you do to help the burning? I am pretty young and have had rsd for almost 2 years, and have had little relief with most pain management stuff.

Thanks.
Mine is also up my arm. my elbow is just on fire today from the storm.
i am currently only on Lyrica and Amitryptelene.
I am trying to not use any opioid's. but everyday i feel worse, and the pain is started to take its toll. I am also young and i just got diagnosed.(all though ive dealt with it for many months) so i dont have a lot to offer, i wish i did. But i am here if you need someone. I have yet to get the burning to completely go away, i was able to use a tens unit for a while but now, my arm is too sensitive. A moist heat pack helps me gets some relief in overall pain, but does not get rid of it. Physical Therapy was gruesome but it did help with ROM, Pain not so much.

Many happy thoughts sent your way!
oh and also,I will say my doctor always says, to pump my hand (flat and then into a fist) periodically through the day. I cant no longer do that but i do wiggle my fingers as much as i can.
RSDcandice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote