View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 08:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Jeff,

I hope you see some improvement with the Baclofen and Valium. As a side note, my initial neorologist also had me taking a high dosage of Dantolene along with a lower dosage of the Baclofen. Dantolene is no longer used I think because it is a very powerful drug and will have more of an adverse effect on your internal organs. In fact the pharmacy had to special order the Dantrolene everytime my prescription was renewed because it is no longer carried in their stock. That told me that it probably wasn't a very good drug to be taking.

I have changed neurologists this year to one who is more specialized in MS and he was amazed that I was taking the Dantolene. He immediately increased the Baclofen from 10mg per day to 20mg and started weening me from the Dantrolene. I have completed that transition and have seen no change in my SPS. I'm so thankful that I found a better neurologist that maybe understands MG better. The other neurologists specialty is ALS so I was just an amazement because neither he or other neurologists he questioned had ever heard of anyone with both illnesses. I suppose it was good conversation over a cup of coffee.

Good luck,
Becky
Southern Bell
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote