View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 08:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

As for colonoscopy...is there any way the scope can be um, DISINFECTED? Can traces of someone else's bacteria - even some harmful? - be deposited?

My dd-adult (now 27) was shown to have intolerance to gluten after blood work only-about four years ago. Doc left it up to her if she wanted further testing. She opted for a change in diet and has NOT looked back. She went YEARS on Synthroid (T4) replacement ONLY - with NO testing of diet. How long she had this "intolerance or sensitivity" is anyone's guess. Her weight ballooned from 160 to 210 in a matter of weeks, along with increase of BP and extreme fatigue. Nothing was done until she finished school and returned home, for I demanded the gluten blood work.

We also suspected Sjogren's, which I have read that treatment focuses on relieving symptoms, which often subside with time. (mayo clinic dot com site) Which do we focus on? Her Hashimoto's? Hypothyroidsim? PCOS? The extreme fatigue *EBV+? The newer complaints of achy swollen joints? The extreme and often debilitating constipation issue that is NEVER addressed by the endos/docs? Possible affects from the first trial/inject of GARDASIL her primary care physician demanded? (She became so ill after Round 1. Being newly separated from dh, her doc said it was imperative she get that vaccine. Then the spiral down with her health. I am suspecting EXTREME CANDIDA in gut, now) Diet has helped TREMENDOUSLY.

We don't miss gluten. Or corn. Or soy. She has reintroduced some items found upsetting, and she is doing much better while taking probiotics, fermented foods, beta glucans...in fact, I feel better too! Embarking on liposomal vit c to see if there is any difference.

There are alternatives to moldy fungi filled grains. I like throwing already made pasta in the water - since she cannot have CORN (and rice which is in most gf pastas I wonder if it can become problematic for those on gf diet) - there is Andrean Dream pastas that have NO CORN, NO RICE and is wonderful. Quinoa. Kaniwa. Tapioca. All very good!!!!

We won't even go NEAR peanuts! No intolerance per se, just they are found to be so moldy and those molds are carcinogenic. Why chance it? So many OTHER choices. ;0

Proper diet can help in so many ways. If gluten is being eliminated in diet take a look at supplements and personal care products as well. Get familiar with the terms, you will find these items everywhere *flour is used as an agent to help liquids flow!

We don't miss corn. Won't TOUCH canola - whatever THAT is No soy here unless fermented. Raw dairy in limited amounts. NO SUGAR. NO PROCESSED. NO RESTAURANTS unless the kitchen is dedicated to gf. No chemicals used on yard, in home - NO CANDLES OR AIR "fragrences." Clean filtered - NO MERCURY, CHLORINE, FLUORIDE - water only. She does supplement Iodine, selenium, a little zinc, magnesium citrate, to name a couple. We try to get mins/vitamins from our foods as much as possible.

Good health wished to you Idiopathic PN
happyisme09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote