View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 11:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kitty! I went to the Chronic illness devotional blog, and I am so glad to see this site. I couldn't read it yesterday when your link showed, because my eyes will take only so much puter time now. I will probably need to shell out for some puter-only glasses--sigh, another expense of being chronically ill! But then, the blog would teach me to be thankful that I do have enough saved to do this, buy the special glasses. Every time I think about my financial support I think of how gracious God was to send me my husband, whose pension is keeping me afloat--i have my own pension from teaching, but it's much smaller, as I was paid less and had to quit early. And our savings got whacked by the fire of 2000 and non-payment of insurance, which disallowed my disability (long story which many have heard).
Well, I agree that the blog you provided, Kitty, is great because it is not one of those sugar coated ones. I avoid ministries and individuals who claim God will heal me, and look "knowing" about their own inner knowing; this is because I have long experience with spiritual healing. I WAS healed by a couple of ministries long ago, before I got two more diagnoses, Porphyria and Polycythemia Vera; that is, I was partially healed, just enough to let me know God was there. My right eye (once again bad because of the smoke we had a few weeks ago) was instantly and completely healed of Optic Neuritis which I'd had for eight years, and the healing was permanent for over 16 years. I was also healed of foot drop in another ministry where a young woman prayed for me after the service. But many other prayers have not healed me; perhaps they have kept me alive and functioning through many struggles? So, again, I appreciate this blog site you linked, Kitty. I still couldn't read it all today, maybe later; I bookmarked it.

I too am having a very bad time, Judy, not as bad as you are. I am holding my own physically but I have to decide whether to leave my family (my grandsons) and find an
Independent Living/Assisted Living place elsewhere. I have no family support here...my son does not help me, although, again, I am grateful I get to see my grandchildren (I will be babysitting three nights in a row this week). I am just overwhelmed with sorrow that there is no love in my family, except from the children, and I may need to find a place to live before I am too weak to move. My son's idea of a good place is something cheap (and therefore toxic) in a state i've never been to, where I have NO roots, and where tornados are endemic. I will have to be my sole helper, but I pray for God's help as well.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jappy (07-10-2012), Judy2 (07-11-2012), Kitty (07-10-2012), SallyC (07-10-2012), Twinkletoes (07-10-2012)