View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Force Wife View Post
Hi! I just recently had ACDF Surgery at C4,C5,C6,C7. It has been 3 1/2 weeks since my surgery. I am due back for my 2nd check the first week of July. However, I am having problems with some sharp pain in the back of my neck back neck in the center and right side area) ( Sleeping is becoming a problem as well as sitting to long (even in my recliner to). I have a hard and soft collar as well as my bone stim. device. My Neuro told me that I did not have to wear my collar at my 7 day check up, but only when I take a shower and when traveling in the car. (I still don't drive as of yet). I am not working and on a medical leave. I am getting depressed and starting to worry that I may have done something to my neck. Sometimes my right shoulder and elbow creating pain as well. I just got the X-Ray of my neck and WoW!!! 6 screws and a nice titanium plate. I did look at the x-ray and it looks like the screws are not in the "center of the bone" but more towards the bottom of the bone. Hmmmmm, could this be a problem and causing pain? I also noticed that it does not look "centered" along the spine, but more towards the right side of the spine (you know neck area/bone). Has anyone had any problems with the fusion not taking and causing problems? How did you feel? I don't know anymore and I am just worried. Please reply if anyone has an idea of my pain.
hi
sorry to hear of your pain
i too have almost identical
to your description
including it not being aligned
straight but off also
what caught my attention
was the pain in your elbows
something i experience after
second cervical surgery levels
5/6-6/7 failed to fuse first time (acdf)
second done posterior and a new
cadaver bone and added a cage
i do not want to speak of my
failure 2nd time around
have started a new journey
with a new doctor i have
already met with and am
looking to find out what is
wrong
it is confirmed
it is a number of things
going on