Thread: NS today @ 330
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsalkire View Post
I have tried pt which I enjoyed however it didnt help and honestly I usually came out worse than when I started. stretching helps lumbar but not cervical. Headaches are a lot worse and can no longer hold my head straight beyond frustrated for sure. Hopefully hes got some new ideas for me!!!!
I felt the same way the first couple of times I was prescribed PT. Things went entirely differently the third time. What I learned is that physical therapists, like doctors, are not created equal. They may receive slightly different training, and/or have different levels of skill & knowledge. With the first two I went to, I didn't know any better, but the experience with the third opened my eyes. She REALLY knew her stuff about cervical pain, had different exercises, that produced different (and better) results.

Unfortunately, I know of no way of determining this ahead of time other than asking other local patients with cervical issues who they saw, and if they were pleased with the results (personal referrals). The really good PTs may be in the minority, even though half should be above average (half are also below average ).

Please keep an open mind.

I also had excellent results, and a very positive (though painful for a couple days) experience with a certified myofascial trigger point therapist. (NAYY)

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote