View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 01:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My initial site is my left wrist/hand (caused by a botched wrist surgery 5 1/2 years ago). In that wrist/hand, I have all of the symptoms...some worse than others at times...including the deformity. I'm pretty stubborn and have a high pain tolerance, so I began working with it as much as possible because I was left handed before. I would often gently rub the area, trying to get used to the pain and build up a tolerance. I definitely think it hurts less if I touch it than if someone else touches it.

The areas where RSD has spread don't have all the same symptoms. They all have the burning pain to some degree. Abdomen mainly when rubbed, upper arms mainly when rubbed, legs almost like a slow pulsating burn where it's intense then slowly calms then grows intense again, and my face is starting to burn more and more both with and without touch. Discoloration varies as well. My legs are more splotchy and discolored if I have been sitting or standing, but when I prop them up in there recliner, the colors starts to become more normal. I was asked a couple days ago if I got sunburned because they said my face looked like it, but I hadn't even been out.

So I guess to answer your question, it could definitely be RSD beginning to spread. Hope you get some relief.
PhyllisJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote